Running has been the easiest and increasingly popular form of exercise for decades. There is no surprise why people prefer practicing running exercise. For instance:
- It requires minimal equipment.
- You can perform running exercises on your schedule.
- Running exercise is efficient.
- It can help you improve cardiovascular health and more.
Overall, running can deliver you an array of amazing benefits. Practicing this exercise is great for physical health, mental health, fitness, and more.
The amazing health benefits of running exercise you must know
Do you want to know what health benefits you can get from running exercise? Let's look at the amazing health benefits of running exercise that you must know.
So, here we go:
1. Running can add more life to your years
Various research studies have suggested that running exercise can help improve your life and increase your life span.
For instance, according to a research study, running 3x a week for 17 minutes only, on average, effectively decreases the risk of a fatal heart attack. It can also decrease the risk of stroke by 55%.
According to another study, running three to seven miles weekly can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
2. Running can reduce the risk of cancer.
Be aware running isn't a cure for cancer. However, multiple evidence supports that this exercise can help in preventing cancer.
According to a research study, regular running exercise is linked to decreased risk of developing cancer. Running can reduce the risk of:
- Colon cancer by up to 70%
- Breast cancer by up to 40%
- Lungs Cancer by up to 40%
According to another research study, greater physical activity achieved by running exercise, lower sedentary time, and greater vigorous activity are more likely to decrease the risk of breast cancer.
3. Running is good for your joints.
Always remember that running exercises won’t wreck the knees. In contrast, regular running exercise can help you strengthen your knees and other joints.
According to a research study by Stanford University in California, recreational runners usually experience less wear and tear on their knees and other joints.
4. It can help in increasing bone density.
Various research studies have demonstrated that running exercise and other high-impact activities stress bones, stimulating the bones to adapt more minerals’ lay down. The higher minerals within the bony matrix will ultimately strengthen the bone structure.
In addition, running can also improve the production of hormones that help in bone building in the body. The hormones can stimulate the body to make more bone cells. The phenomenon will ultimately constrain the cells’ activity that breaks down our bone cells.
As a result, you can experience a higher bone density. Stronger bones always translate to more resilient bones, less likely to experience wear and tear or fracture.
5. Running can improve your cardiovascular health.
A consistent running routine can improve your heart health over time. Running works amazingly for your cardiovascular health as it can improve the oxygen rate in the body and ensure better blood flow. The practice can help your heart to be stronger over time.
It will enable your heart to pump a higher blood volume per beat. You can even run with less effort and quicker with improved cardiovascular efficiency.
6. Running can improve respiratory function.
Along with various other health benefits, running exercise can also help improve respiratory function. This activity can help the respiratory system get more oxygen flow, resulting in better lung health and improved respiratory function.
7. It can help you lose weight.
Running is a demanding exercise metabolically. Therefore, it burns plenty of calories. If weight loss is a part of your fitness goals, running can contribute significantly.
8. Running can reduce the risk of chronic diseases
Running can help you experience a more regulated blood pressure, body weight, and blood sugar level. Practicing running exercise for at least 150 minutes a week can reduce the risk of various chronic health issues. These problems typically include type-2 diabetes, heart problems, and some forms of cancer.
9. Running can enhance overall psychological and emotional well-being.
Running exercise is great for your body to release feel-good hormones naturally. Running, specifically distance running exercise, can give you enough space and time to clear your mind. This practice will help you better think through a problem and find its solution. In this way, running exercise can work as a natural stress buster to lift your mood instantly.
Getting outside to pound the trail can also be a great way to diffuse stress and reduce anxiety symptoms. Running exercise effectively reduces stress hormones in the body, which will consequently help you feel more relaxed and stress-free.
Overall, running exercise will also provide you with a greater sense of emotional well-being.
Tips to enjoy the benefits of running exercise
Here we have enlisted some important tips that you must consider when practicing this exercise:
- Find traffic-free and safe routes for running to practice exercise without any hassle.
- Develop a routine to practice. It is not necessary to run every day. Instead, you should develop a routine to help you recover from each run. The practice will help you adopt a more effective training schedule.
- Walk breaks are fine. When you are struggling to run, slow down. It is common to tense up during a running exercise. So, having a walk break can help you settle down well.
- Stay hydrated during running exercises with a sports water bottle. Invest in a regular HYDRO STAINLESS STEEL sport water bottle to keep yourself hydrated throughout your running exercise session.
- Practice pre-run movement stretches' range, including heel flicks, high-knees, and side-stepping. Ensure to warm up and cool down, as it can help restore muscle strength, reduce injury risk, and aid recovery.
Running exercise is a great way to benefit your health. It can help you feel better, and get fit, even if you are new to this form of exercise. All you need to do is invest in comfortable running shoes’ pair, find safe running routes, a sports water bottle, and a schedule to practice running exercises.
Running exercise is easier to start and can bring you tons of benefits. It is the right time to get inspired and indulge in it.